21.7 C
Harare
Friday, May 14, 2021
The golden leaf is set to reel in some gold level earnings this year based on the amount of the commodity that has been sold on various auction floors across the country so far. In the first five days of this year’s...
GMB given monopoly in the buying and selling of soya beansFarmers no longer allowed to keep or travel with more than 100kgs of the commodityFine and prison sentence introduced for contravening new regulations Harare – Government has criminalised the side marketing of soya...
Government removed sugar and cement from the OGLIMove meant to promote local production and consumptionLocal players in those sectors have been constantly increasing production Buy Zimbabwe has commended government’s move to remove sugar and cement from the Open General Import Licence (OGIL) in...
HARARE – The 2021 tobacco selling season has opened, with the first bale selling at US$4.30 per kilogramme which is higher than the US$4 that was offered last year where 184 kilogrammes were delivered. In 2019 and 2018, the first bales were...
HARARE – The tobacco selling season kicks off in Harare on Wednesday with farmers set to get 60 percent of their earnings in foreign currency and the remaining 40 percent will be paid in local currency using the auction rate. Farmers were pushing...
Flour division increased by 56 percentLong-term manufacturing facilities upgrade programme commencingStock Feed division volumes improved Harare –Diversified agro-industrial concern, National Foods overall volume performance for the year ended December 31, 2020 was generally strong, closing 25 percent ahead of the comparative period.
Making land bankable is a process that requires legislative changesThe agriculture sector is the most state funded sector in Zimbabwe albeit poor performance over the yearsThe financing part needs complete overhaul Harare – It is reported in mainstream media that commercial banks are...
Government gazetted new SI repelling SI 50 which ordered Chilonga residents off their land for dairy projectThis came after public outcry and calls to boycott Dendairy, the project financerDairibord, Dendairy merger talks still ongoing Harare – Government has repelled a controversial statutory instrument...
Dairibord seeks to merger with DendairyThe 2 are leading dairy producers in ZimbabweDendairy still embroiled in Chilonga saga JOHANSBURG The country’s leading dairy producer Dairibord said its discussion with Dendairy is still ongoing, according to an extended cautionary statement published on Thursday .The discussions...
Farmers praise increase of forex retention capNegotiations ongoing to reach 70 percent Harare – The Tobacco Farmers Union of Zimbabwe (ToFUZ) yesterday praised the Government for increasing the foreign currency retention cap from 50 percent to 60 percent ahead of the opening of...